Self Quiz for Cellular RespirationTutorial
Study the material in this section and then write out the answers to these question.
Do not just click on the answers and write them out. This will not test your understanding of this tutorial.
1.An exergonic processes by which energy released by the breakdown of organic compounds such as glucose can be used to synthesize ATP, the form of energy required to do cellular work. This best describes:
a. anabolism (ans)
b. catabolism (ans)
2. Intermediate molecules that link catabolic and anabolic pathways; can be either oxidized to generate ATP or can be used to synthesize macromolecular subunits such as amino acids, lipids, and nucleotides. (ans)
3. Define cellular respiration. (ans)
4. Pathways that do not require oxygen are said to be:
a. aerobic (ans)
b. anaerobic (ans)
5. Name an exergonic pathway that requires molecular oxygen (O2). (ans)
6. Name two anaerobic exergonic forms of cellular respiration. (ans)
© Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: July 2, 2001