Self Quiz for Glycolysis Tutorial
Study the material in this section and then write out the answers to these question.
Do not just click on the answers and write them out. This will not test your understanding of this tutorial.
1. Briefly describe the function of glycolysis during aerobic respiration and indicate the reactants and products. (ans)
2. State the reactants in glycolysis. (ans)
3. State the products in glycolysis. (ans)
4. Does glycolysis require oxygen? (ans)
5. Is the following statement true or false?
In eukaryotic cells, glycolysis takes place in the mitochondria. (ans)
6. Steps 1 and 3 of glycolysis are:
a. exergonic (ans)
b. endergonic (ans)
7. State why one molecule of glucose is able to produce two molecules of pyruvate during glycolysis. (ans)
8. The two net ATP produced in glycolysis are generated by:
a. oxidative phosphorylation (ans)
b. substrate-level phosphorylation (ans)
9. State the total number and the net number of ATP produced by substrate-level phosphorylation during glycolysis. (ans)
10. During aerobic respiration, state what happens to the 2 NADH produced during glycolysis. (ans)
11. During aerobic respiration, state what happens to the two molecules of pyruvate produced during glycolysis. (ans)
© Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: July 2, 2001