Learning Objectives for "Enzymes" Section
After completing this section you should be able to perform the following objectives.
1. Define or describe the following:
b. catabolic reaction
c. anabolic reaction
h. cofactor (coenzyme)
2. State how enzymes are able to speed up the rate of chemical reactions.
3. Briefly describe a generalized enzyme-substrate reaction, state the function of an enzyme's active site, and describe how an enzyme is able to speed up chemical reactions.
4. State 4 characteristics of enzymes.
5. State how the following affect the rate of an enzyme reaction.a. enzyme concentration
b. substrate concentration
e. salt concentration
© Gary E. Kaiser
All Rights Reserved
Updated: June 27, 2001